The Royalton White Sands Beach Resort Jamaica was perfect for my family vacation. Overall I loved this property. Definitely, more pros than cons. This resort offers families the ultimate vacation experience including a splash park, on-site water park with waterslides for guests of all ages. You also have access to the adjacent Royalton Blue Waters lazy river. One of the most beautiful things about this resort is the beautiful white sand beach and blue waters.
- Food – The food was delicious. Guests have options from local and international delights either buffet-style or a la carte dining venues. Normally buffets can be hit or miss, however my children and I enjoyed it all. Mine and my daughter’s favorite was the curry goat at the buffet. It was absolutely Scrumptious. It was hard to decide between dining at the restaurants or the buffet because everything was delicious. Below are my favorites.
ZEN | TEPPANYAKI- This is asian fusion restaurant experience was very nice. It’s a Japanese hibachi style restaurant Tip: Make sure you are at the concierge exactly at 9am to make your reservations. They book quickly. The food and the experience is worth it.
CALYPSO l WEST INDIAN CUISINE – Authentic Caribbean dishes in a relexed convey a relaxed ambiance in island-style
- JERK HUT | JAMAICAN SNACKS – Scrumptions Jerk Chicken and rice and peas. Great snack in the middle of the day.
SCORE SPORTS BAR AND LOUNGE | PUB & GRILL – Need snacks between meals, stop by the sports bar for some wings or fried fish basket.
GRAZIE ITALIAN TRATTORIA | ITALIAN CUISINE – Chilling by the pool and in need of a snack? Order a pizza from this italian spot and enjoy it pool side.
- Pools – The property has over 5 pools between the White Sands and Blue Waters hotels. Royalton Whites Sand offers guests a dreamy poolside experience with beautiful white Bali beds, available without reservation. A day beside the pool ranges from tranquil to lively with everything in between as you relax in paradise. My children really loved the pool with the lazy river and the waterslides. The waterslides close at 6 so make sure you hit them up early. There are adult only pools and several family pools. Also, there were
- Entertainment – Live entertainment for the entire family to enjoy every night. From Bob Marley impersonators, to fire eating dancers, singers and lots of dancing. They even got the audience involved which is always brilliant. was awesome. Every night there was plenty of enjoyment for the entire family.
- Accommodations – The rooms were not the best. The double beds are actually twin beds. I’m used to full-size or queen double beds in hotels. What adult wants a twin bed? There was a pullout couch which was great for accommodating me and my 2 children. I just did not like the idea of twin beds. I hear the Blue Water rooms are much better. Plus, that property is nearly
- Liquor – The liquor was less than ideal. One fact weren’t any liquor dispensers in the room. Most all inclusive hotels have liquor dispensers in the room. Then again it was a family hotel so maybe they don’t want the children having easy access. Also, the drinks were pretty weak. This is normal for all inclusive resorts. I would prefer more premium options.
- Location – The hotel was not actually in Montego Bay. It was a little more in the county side in Trewlany. Royalton White Sands is located just over half an hour away from the Montego Bay International Airport.